Monday, October 8, 2007

Why I Created This Blog

So, why did I decide to start this blog? My husband, James, got me into dirt biking about 4.5 years ago, just before my 29th birthday. As the name of this blog implies, I have not been blessed with even average height. I'm somewhere between 5'2" and 5'3", with a 29" inseam. The issue with that became immediately evident the first time I threw a leg over my husband's bike at the time, a 2002 Yamaha WR250F. For starters, I could barely even get my leg over the seat. When I finally managed to fight my way onto the seat, I was dismayed to discover that, even with the bike leaning over on its kickstand, I could only barely touch the ground with the very tip of my left toe. Thus began the search for a bike that I could actually touch the ground on. I scoured the web looking for a good suggestion for a bike for a short girl, and could find very few. Having gone through a number of bikes and having watched friends and relatives get into the sport, I thought I'd share a few of the things that I've learned. I hope someone out there finds this useful.

No comments: